Ahhh January…the month that the majority of us makes resolutions for the new year! Resolutions that we try so very hard to stick to; unfortunately we don’t always stick to those resolutions. Perhaps we’ve taken on too many resolutions or perhaps we are too hard on ourselves. I’ve failed on so many resolutions; however, this year I’ve decided to go about it differently. This year I’m going to document each of my resolutions with all of you! For my first resolution I want to make my hair healthy again. So healthy that it will stop breaking and start growing. I have certain things about my hair that I want to work on, so I’m excited to add Function of Beauty to my 2017 haircare routine!
To be honest with you 2016 I was horrible to my hair! I completely stopped taking care of it, I literally just threw it into a ponytail or bun without combing it. Needless to say that when I finally did, the middle of my hair was full of knots, it was dry and very brittle. This caused so much breakage and so much shedding, that I’m surprised that I have any hair left in the center of my head. So after evaluating my hair needs I knew I had to use a product that was custom designed just for me.
Thankfully, Function of Beauty is just what the doctor ordered. They offer shampoos and conditioners that you can customize for your specific hair needs. Not only can you customize those areas of concerns but you can customize the color (purple, blue, mint green, orange, pink and dye free), scent ( Cucumber Mint, Grapefruit Hibiscus, Sandalwood Violet and Essential Oils) and the name. Pretty cool right?!
Here are the many different ways you can customize your shampoo and conditioner:
- Deep Condition – Moisturize and deeply condition your hair from the inside out to repair damage from heat and/or chemical processing.
- Replenish Hair – Replenish nutrient-depleted strands, reverse damage and protect your hair from environmental stressors.
- Fix Split Ends – Smooth, coat and seal your split ends for a sleek hair surface while building moisture content to prevent future split ends.
- Strengthen – Increase your hair’s resilience and elasticity, stimulate healthy hair growth and protect your hair from breakage.
- Hydrate – Restore your hair’s moisture balance, prevent future moisture loss and treat your hair with long-lasting hydration.
- Lengthen – Promote healthy hair growth with increased scalp circulation and follicle stimulation for longer, stronger locks.
- Volumize – Rejuvenate limp, lifeless hair with noticeable volume and cleanse hair free of buildup which may be weighing hair down.
- Color Protection – Protect your hair from damaging UV rays, prevent dulling and fading, and enhance your strands for optimum color uptake and retention for lasting, vibrant color.
- Thermal Protection – Moisturize and condition heat damaged hair while protecting strands from future damage caused by thermal styling.
- Anti-Aging – Revitalize and strengthen your hair to prevent premature aging caused by environmental stressors, heat and chemical styling, and nutrient loss.
- Anti-Frizz – Hydrate and soften hair texture while protecting strands from frizz, static and breakage.
- Curl Definition – Enhance and define your natural curls to achieve smoother texture and improve overall manageability.
- Shine – Enhance your hair’s natural shine, luster and reflection while improving your overall hair health without weighing hair down.
- Straighten – Relax and style unruly hair with a biolipid complex that leaves a sheathing film which naturally disciplines hair even in humid conditions.
- Nourish Roots – Stimulate your hair roots and facilitate the transport of key nutrients to hair bulbs and shafts for healthier, fuller hair.
- Soothe Scalp – Moisturize and energize your scalp to relieve discomfort, reduce buildup and help prevent dandruff.
- Oil Control – Stimulate and revitalize your scalp to promote healthy hair growth and prevent excessive oil production.
To start my new hair routine journey I chose the following areas of concerns: deep condition, fix split-ends, strengthen, thermal protection and shine. I then customized it by choosing the mint green shade, the Cucumber Mint scent and naming it Function of Natasha.
Function of Natasha is amazing and the scent is to die for; did I mention that you can choose the strength of the scent? I selected the medium strength and it is perfection. I’ve been using this for a little over a month and love how soft and healthy my hair looks and feels. When I try out shampoos and conditioners for the first time, I make sure not to use any other hair products. I do this so I can get a true feel for the product. I can confidently say that even without the use of a leave-in conditioner or any moisturizers my hair was left soft and silky.
I’m very excited to be incorporating this into my 2017 hair routine resolution! Be on the look out for monthly updates; as well as the protective styles I’ll be using to ensure that my resolution is successful. Please note that I’ll be posting hair pictures in these updates, so that you can see my hair damage along side by sides of my progress.
If you’re looking to up your current hair care routine then I highly suggest giving them a try! FYI, they have an amazing Happy Hair Guarantee! If you’re not happy with your set, they’ll reformulate it for you. Feel free to use my link to save money on your personalized set.
I do want to mention one other thing. Although this product was sent to me for review, it was my decision to incorporate it into my 2017 hair routine resolution.